Saturday, 23 October 2010

The 52 Marvelous Makes Madness Challenge

I found this most fabulous challenge on the equally fabulous Thrifty Mrs Blog.  I've decided to join the Challenge because I love baking, sewing, crochet, knitting, embroidery, making preserves, etc.  All those old fashioned, homely skills that are being lost.  I want my 3 daughters to learn and use them too and in order to do that I need them to see me using the skills and enjoying myself whilst creating something lovely and stylie. 

Oh to be able to sit down and embroider something or crochet/knit a project from start to finish without it becoming a chore or ending up at the bottom of my WIP tub. 

I LOVE the idea of this Challenge because it will force me to complete things and not just sit there watching rubbish on telly while doing nothing else.  It allows me to let my creative side free, but also be strict with myself and finish things.

The post below is from Mrs Thrifty and details how the challenge works:

Right, so, the challenge is to make 52 things you'll enjoy making in the space of a year.

One a week.

So, dinner doesn't count unless it is the dinner of your dreams but making a new cake or a delicious batch of scones does.

You can makes clothes, toys, drinks, food, pictures, shampoo, candles, blankets, anything you like, using any craft, style, talent or skill that you so please, you just have to make one thing per week.

If you've never made a pie, why not give it a try?

As long as you derive pleasure from making this one thing a week all is good (and no I don't want to hear about your bedroom muckiness, there are sites a-plenty for that kind of making).

Document them by taking a photo and either blogging about it or popping it onto the new fandangled Flickr T52MMMC group (make sure to tag or label the blog entries and flickr uploads with T52MMMC).  Also, (if you're taking part) be kind and pop this button (you can choose which ever size suits your blog best) on to your blog side bar linking back to this post so that others can find out what the challenge is all about. You can post about your weekly make any time in the week, I understand how life gets in the way, so there shall be no fixed time and dates attached to this project.
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment